Tuesday 14 April 2009

My 25th Birthday






"A Black & White Affair" was the theme for my 25th birthday! At first everyone was a little confused that I was doing a theme birthday. Most birthdays here on the island consist of the same thing: dinner, bars, then norae-bong (karaoke). So I decided to mix things up a little bit.

I have become good friends with a Korean woman here named JuYoung. She is the owner of an Indian restaurant called "Bagdad's". All of the foreigners for the most part love the food. It is a little on the pricey side compared to the Korean places eat, but well worth the extra cash. JuYong loved the idea of having everything Black & White. She also said that she would pay for all the linens and extras to decorate the outdoor (heated) seating where she would put all of us! It was so nice of her.

When I arrived at Bagdad's I was in aw of everything. It was beautiful. About 25-30 of my closest friends came to dinner. All were wearing black and white of course and most of them were dressed up! It was wonderful. The food was amazing and the company was too.

After dinner we proceeded to a newer bar in the area called "Stone Island". I had never been there before my party, but heard it was lots of fun. That it was! The bartenders did this awesome show for us including a fire part. Since it was my birthday I got to pick out what cocktail I wanted :) Also at this bar you could wear wigs, hats and other costume type things. It was so much fun.

My birthday cake was amazing too! Here in Korea there are two different candles. The tall candles are each 10 years and the short ones are a single year. So instead of having to blow out 25 candles I only had to blow out 7! The bad part about the cake was that there were no plates or forks! So everyone went and washed their hands and then ate their piece of cake with their hands. It was a great end to a fabulous night!

No comments: